Friday, 21 March 2014

Week 12 #WotW


The Reading Residence











This week has been a stomach churning, roller coaster of a ride. We've been up, we've been down. Screaming, laughing, crying all at breakneck speed. I wasn't even lucky enough to be sat inside the car. I've been racing along in front of it, frantically mending the track so that we don't fly off course whilst desperately trying to avoid getting squished in the process. The good news is that we have reached the end of the week in one happy piece. My little Chief is an amazing boy. I admire his courage, his resilience and his sense of humour about his autism. Yesterday he even asked if we could go for a walk, something I usually have to coax him out of the house for. I am so pleased with him. His ability to bounce back after dreadfully dark days is remarkable.

The week has also clarified quite a few things for me. Funny how choppy waters force you to focus. I suppose the old saying is true: "A smooth sea never made a skillfull sailor"



Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Can I be honest that I don't know what to write in the comment. I am just sighing in relief that's its Friday and you (and me) are still okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you made it through too. Here's hoping this next week is a good one for you x

      Delete
  2. Nice word! Choppy is such an expressive word #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Hope you're having a good weekend x

      Delete
  3. Such a positive post despite seeming like a negative word! Well done to little Chief for making it so, and to you for riding the rough seas! Hope next week is slightly calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I hope you're all feeling better now x

      Delete
  4. I like that saying, how true! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's always nice to have a saying/quote to comfort or inspire isn't it? x

      Delete
  5. Oh my, all go then! I'm glad all is happy in the end :) That saying is so true, too. Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We have the melatonin now so hoping it will help towards a smoother week x

      Delete
  6. I loved that he asked to go for a walk, I hope you have more ups like this next week and less of a choppy ride #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I was thrilled when he asked to walk. Hopefully a turning point for us. May be able to join in with your Country kids linky! :)

      Delete
  7. That sure does sound like a choppy week but fab you are through the other side. Your son sounds awesome! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. He is amazing. He teaches me so much every day. Hope you've had a great weekend x

      Delete
  8. Sounds quite a week for you! Hope thing are ok now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I see you've had a bit of a week of it too. Here's hoping this coming week is better for you x

      Delete
  9. That's lovely, great your wee boy was showing an interest to get outside, must've made you really proud!
    Hope the ride is smoother next week...
    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Yes it did. I'm an outdoors person so it was like winning the lottery :-) Hope you're having a fab weekend x

      Delete
  10. Even though its been choppy its great that you can see the positives! Children always keep us going! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing what we can deal with when we need to isn't it? Kids are like little gurus pushing us to be our best selves. I feel as if i'm being trained by the best lol x

      Delete
  11. Great word to describe your week! Hope next week is calmer for you all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Hope next week is another good one for you x

      Delete
  12. Glad your week ended smoothly :) That's a great saying! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Hope you're feeling a bit better now x

      Delete